To register for the 2019 Virginia Farm-to-Table Conference, please visit Virginia Cooperative Extension’s Program Registration site at https://tinyurl.com/2019VAF2TRegistration!
The early bird registration rate for the two-day conference is $90 until November 15, 2019, or $45 per day if you cannot attend both days.
On November 16, the registration rate will be $130 to attend both days or $65 to attend one day. Walk-ins are welcome!
The planning committee is pleased to have Virginia’s Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services Jewel H. Bronaugh, Ph.D., open the conference on Day 1. Dan Goerlich, Ph.D., Associate Director of Virginia Cooperative Extension will kick-off Day 2 with remarks on service, leadership, and conversation.
Speakers and practitioners who may be of interest to you and your organization include:
- Elnian Gilbert of ZingTrain
- Bob Muth of Muth Family Farm
- Dr. Timothy Woods of the University of Kentucky
- Amani Olugbala of Soul Fire Farm
- Amy Hicks of Amy’s Garden
- Danial Austin of Green Sprig Ag
- Charlie Wade of Deep Roots Milling
- Sarah Cohen of Route 11 Potato Chips
- Nancy Bruns of J.Q. Dickinson Salt-Works and J. Q. Dickinson Appalachain Mercantile
- Keith Ohlinger of Heritage Hill Farm
- J. B. Daniel of Virginia USDA-NRCS
- Matt Booher of Virginia Cooperative Extension
- And Others.
Speakers and panelists will address and share their experiences about The Art of Giving Great Service, Servant Leadership, Bottomline Organizational Change, Soil Management for Organic Farmers, Livestock and Grazing Management, Courageous Conversation: The What and How?, Nuts and Bolts of Values-Based Farming and Marketing, Growing and Marketing Small Fruit, and Dismantling Biases. There will be four value chain case studies presented during the concurrent sessions including Route 11 Potato Chips, Common Grain Alliance, and others. Additionally, participants will have the flexibility for water cooler conversations and follow-up with conference speakers.
For more information about the conference, please contact Eric Bendfeldt (Virginia Cooperative Extension) at email@example.com or call 540-232-6006.